11/18/09

#3

today was a good day.
the sun wasn't even up when i was today. running at seven is fantastic.
the sun beat me home however, and was lighting up my bedroom when i came home. it was lovely.
i remembered to take my camera with me this morning on the way to school, just incase any photo opportunities arose. sadly, today wasn't the day for my Proj. 3-6-5 to start.
i'm not even sure what i'm waiting for, or what i'm really expecting to see. maybe some snow?
i never thought i would say this, but snow would be nice at this point. even if it was only the 'christmas in NY' kind of snow.

i saw the funniest thing today.

as i was standing on henderson, waiting for my 11, i noticed an old man shuffling down the sidewalk. he had a cane in his left hand, clearly trying to support himself on such a cold, windy morning.
so, thinking nothing of it, i continued to watch the old man walk. he stops.
looks left, looks right. one more quick glance left.
picks up his cane.
books it across henderson highway.
and continues to hobble along down the street, as though he hadn't just sprinted like hermes.
i laughed out loud. and everyone at the stop judged me. because apparently no one else had witnessed what i had.

0 comments: